Last year, I only had one item on my list, but it was enough to keep me busy all year: Do hard things. So here are some of the things that fit under that category for me in 2012.
- Began a running program
- Took a job that required me to be a "Chief" and not just an "Indian"
- Took another job, tutoring a class I had never tutored before and which included a math component, of all things.
- Prepared to teach a training course for adults
- Faced my own mortality--on paper, as we worked on our wills, and in real life, following my little fainting trick
- Stopped the running program
- Re-started the running program
- Made a permanent decision about having (or, I guess, not having) more babies
- Read Victor Hugo's Hunchback of Notre Dame
This year, I'm going with more of a traditional list:
- Try new things
- Be emotionally invested in people and activities
- Seek new friendships/improve existing ones
- Write something every day
- Spend more time reading the Bible and praying
- Learn to drive the Infiniti (a standard)
- Drink more water
Happy 2013, everyone! I hope it is your best year yet!