Thursday, July 31, 2014

Flashback

At some point this summer, the Internet made us aware of a list of movies kids should see before they turn 13. And, since we always do what the Internet tells us, and since Ruth just turned 12, we decided we better get on it. Many of the movies were produced back before I turned 13, so it's been a summer of watching the movies of my own childhood/young adulthood, which has been fun (and somewhat shocking, when viewed/heard through parental eyes/ears). We've seen Pee Wee's Big Adventure, The Karate Kid, Titanic, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Sandlot, Big, "Crocodile" Dundee, and Back to the Future I, II and III. We've laughed at 80s fashion and learned some wonderful new lingo ("I know you are, but what am I"). But, mostly we've just enjoyed the opportunity to spend some quality time together in the evenings, staying up late and drinking in every moment of this sweet summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say