Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My public apology

Please let this serve as my public apology to everyone who has had the misfortune of interacting with me this month. Aside from a particularly heinous period, I have been trying to rid myself of my Diet Dr. Pepper addiction, and I'm not doing it very gracefully I'm afraid. The thought of not having my daily (or, okay, twice daily) Diet DP makes me grumpy. The act of it makes me worse. My plan was to go cold turkey when we got home from Florida, but I have cheated quite a few times, which probably just compounds the situation. One step forward, two steps back kind of thing. I never have thought of myself as a substance abuser, but clearly, I have a problem. Which is ridiculous. And, embarrassing. But, they say the first step is admitting you have a problem. So, there's that. Apologizing for wrongs also figures into the 12 Steps, so maybe I really am on my way to kicking the habit. In the meantime, I will try to be nice to you if we cross paths, but I really can't make any guarantees at this point. Just know, it's (probably) not you making me crazy. It's the (lack of) Diet Dr. Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say