Wednesday, November 19, 2014

It's today!

For the last several weeks, Clay has been coming into our bedroom, early in the morning, and announcing with a great deal of enthusiasm: "It's today!" I'm not usually much of a morning person, especially before the sun is up, but with a greeting like that, it's pretty easy to face the new day. Yesterday, though, he took it to the next level. "It's today!" he squealed, "Do you want to see?!" And, then in a quiet, awe-struck voice, he added, "It's kind of awesome!"

Some mornings, I feel like I just need a few more minutes of shut-eye. And, some mornings, I feel like if I can just stumble my way to the shower and then the coffee pot, I'll be o.k. But, those things aren't the answers to starting the day on the right foot or getting through it without just getting through it. You see, the thing I often overlook is the spirit of that last part: "It's kind of awesome!" My kids teach me lessons all the time, but this is one I need to really let sink in.

Each day is an awesome gift, filled with new and awesome possibilities. It's not the burden I sometimes imagine it to be. It's kind of awesome that I woke up this morning. This is the only today I'm guaranteed, so I want to embrace it wholeheartedly.

It's today, friends! Do you want to see? It's kind of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say